Why Man Need To Be Saved
I.Because in Adam we are dead,dead and we died. A. We are dead spiritually. B. We are dead mentally. C. We die physically. A. Because of Adam we are spiritually dead. 1. Sanctioned by God, 2. Separated from God 3. Scared of God 4. Sinister toward God
B. Because of Adam we are mentally dead. 1.Knowing good and evil 2.Kept from the understanding of application of this. 3.Kindle feelings of hatred of ourselves and of God. 4.Constantly repeating negativity to and about ourselves.
C. Because of Adam we die physically. 1. Sin caused separation and deportation. 2.Sin caused sickness and disease. 3.Sin caused selfishness and depression. 4. Sin caused us to lose our sense of direction. II. In the second Adam we are made alive, alive, alive.
A. We are made alive spiritually. B. We are being made alive consecutively. C. We will be made alive permanently. A. We are saved from the penalty of sin. 1. Cost for sin taking care of. 2. Consequence for sin satisfied. 3. Crucified Christ was an acceptable substitute.4 Christ resurrection was singular.
B. We are being saved. 1. In our minds, 2.In our emotions, 3. In our attitudes, 4. In our conduct. C.We will be saved. 1. From the presence of evil, 2.from the sickness and disease, 3. From the torment of a defiant nature toward God, 4. From the self hatred we all experience.
1. Forsook All (Luke 5:11) a.Material Gain (Acts 2:45) b. Physical Gain (Acts3:6,7) c.Financial Gain (Acts 3:34,35) 2.Forsook Eygpt(Heb. 11:27) d. The World (I John 2:15) e. The Flesh (Rom. 7:18) f. The Pleasure of sin (Heb. 11:27) 3. Forsook Me (II Tim.4:16) g. Brethren (II Tim. 4:10,14) h. Friends (Psalms 55:12,13) i. Others (Philippians 2:20,21)(2:3,4) 4. Forsook Their nets (Mark 1:18) j.Their Occupation (Matt. 4:20) k.Their Way of life (Matt. 4:22) l. Their Physical life (Acts 7:57-59) (Heb.11:33-37) 5. Forsook Him (Matt.26:56) m. The Lord (Mark 14:50) n. The Service of the Lord (Rom.12:1) o. The will of the Lord (Rom.12:2)(IIPeter 3:9)(I Tim. 2:5)
I. What causes guilt? A. Guilt is a feeling one has when he does contrary to God's Word. 1. Fornication- is sexual intercourse outside the marriage bed. This produces guilt. (I Cor.6:18),(Heb.13:4), (I Thess. 4:3) 2.Anything going directly against the word of God. (I Cor.6:19,20) 3. Sin- is an offense against God; And against his own body, contradiction of morals. (I Cor. 6:18) B.What constitutes guilt 1. The conscience (Rom. 1:19, I Tim. 4:2) It can be seared to the point where there is no longer guilt. 2.The sin committed (I John 3:4-8) It doesn't matter what sin. 3.Who was involved (I Cor.6:16,18) C.What are the consequences of guilt? 1.Drug addiction (witchcraft) Rev. 9:21 This seems to numb the conscience. 2. Acoholic addiction (Rev.9:21) This may be legal according to the system, for financial purposes only. 3.Suicide- the apparent taking of one life. This not possible, because god give life and God permits life to be lost. (Matt.27:4,5) D. What are the cover ups of guilt. 1. lies (I Tim. 4:2)2. Self deception (I Cor. 1:18) 3.Continuance in that sin (John 8:34) E. What is the cure for guilt? 1. Salvation (Acts 4:12) 2. Confession (I John 1:9) 3. Denial of self (Rom. 6:10)
(I Chron. 17:1,18:1) "It came to pass" "After this" (II Chron. 22:19) "Set your heart and soul to seek the Lord your God". (II Chron.1:10) "Give me wisdom and knowledge". (II Chron. 7:1) "When Solomon had made an end of praying the fire came down." (Ezra 9:1) When the things were done." (Ezra 11:12) "Therefore give not your daughters unto their sons." (Ezra 10:1,11) "When Ezra prayed" "Therefore make a confession" (Matt. 9:38) (John 4:35) "The harvest is ready" (II Cor. 6:2) " Is the accepted time now is the day of salvation."
The world system is under the guidance of the devil. Any evil act committed on planet earth, is orchestrated by satan. From the white house to the out house, there's the influence of the wicked one. His goal is to cause us to focus on man. This message will explain this. 1. It's an attack on our morals (I Thess.4:3), (Phil.2:20) a.How we dress (Duet.22:5) b. How we think (Prov. 23:7) c. How we live (Gal. 5:25) 2. It's an attack on our manners (Ezk. 11:12) a. How we act in society (I Cor. 15:33) b. How we behave toward others " " c. How we respect authority (Rom. 13:1) 3. It's an attack concerning material gain (Matt. 6:24) a. How much we have (Luke 16:9) b. How much do we charge (Luke 16:11) c. How nice is our home (Luke 12:15) (Matt. 6:33) 4. It's an attack concerning the love of money (I Tim. 6:10) a. How much is saved ((Luke 12:21) b.How much is loaned out (Prov. 28:8) c. How much is owed to them (Matt. 18:28) 5. It's an attack to get Christians in a mold (Rom. 12:2) a. How can I please myself. (Rom. 8:8) b. How can I live in pleasure. (Heb.11:25) c. How can I make others as me. (II Cor. 6:14-17) The god of this world is the devil. He wants everyone of us to deny the existence of God. He attempts to cause racism, prejudice, hate and murder. Our focus is on man. It's easy to blame a physical being. This system hates God.
1. Inward a. Our faith (James 1:3, I Peter 1:7, Heb. 11:6) b. Our inner man (II Cor.4:16) c. Our obedience (Heb 5:8) d. Our confidence (Phil. 1:6) 2. Outward a. Our attitude toward others (Phil. 2:3,4, I cor. 10:24) b. Our activities toward others (I Cor. 14:40, 10:31) c. Our actions toward others (II Cor. 3:3:2,3) d. Our appearance to others (I Sam. 16:7, II Cor. 10:7) 3. Our prayers (Acts 10:4, I Kings 8:45) b. Our power (Matt. 28:18, Acts 8:19, Rom. 13:1) c. Our prosperity (James 1:7, Ps. 35:27) d. Our purpose (Jerm. 51:29, Rom. 9:11, 12:1,2) Struggles produce character when it's received with the right attitude. We need to be tested for the job, God has for us to reveal whether we qualify. "Praise God"
When a person becomes a child of God, only the soul is saved. There is still a great amount of work needed to be done. There's the mental aspect, the emotional aspect and the physical aspect. The Bible changes the whole man over a period of time. If one applies the concept of the principles one will grow into a complete man. God never intended us to glorify our fleshly nature. This act would be impossible to accomplish. I. Why can't I fulfill the flesh? Rom. 13:14, 8:8,12,13 7:18,23-25 Gal. 5:16,17 A. Because it's a cursed nature James 1:15 by lies, lust and lewdness. B. Because it's a curious nature about sex, sin and satisfaction. C. Because it's a careless nature about defense, defraud and death. 1. The nature is selfish and deceptive. This nature feeds on dead things just as does the vultures; and is out to get from anyone whatever is pleasing to them. II. Was it made to be fulfilled? No A. Because God made man for fellowship (Gen. 2:8) and for his glory. Isa. 43:7 B. Because God made us to operate in stewardship. (Gen. 1:26,27) C. Because God want us to have part in his Sonship. (John 1:12) We were made for one purpose, which is to glorify God in everything. (I Cor. 10:30) We so often fall short of this though. III. How do we try to fulfill the flesh. A. Sex Gal. 5:19 adultery, fornication and uncleanness. B. Mammon Matt. 6:24 C. Drunkenness Gal. 5:21 drown out your problems in a bottle, is not wise. It only makes matters worst. Mankind sold out to the devil from the beginning. This plundgoned us in a downward motion away from God. When a soul is saved, the spirit is made alive. Our struggles will be with us from the cradle to the grave.
I. Fruit of the righteous A. The outward signs of an inward work(work of righteous) 1. A tree of life (Prov. 11:30) 2. A true witness (Prov. 14:25) 3. A. true fruit bearer (Prov.12:12) B. The inward work and outward sign (desire of the righteous) 1. Is only good (11:23) 2. Will not lie (Prov. 14:5) 3. Shall be granted (Prov. 10:24) C. The inward work of grace (thoughts of the righteous) 1. Are right (Prov. 12:5) II. Fruit of the wicked A. The outward sign of no inward work (work of wickedness) 1. To sin (Prov. 10:16) 2. A false witness (Prov. 19:5) 3. A corrupt tree (Matt. 7:17) B. No inward work or outward sign (desire of the wicked) 1. Diggeth up evil (Prov. 16:27) 2. Will utter lies (Prov. 14:5) 3. Shall not be granted (Psalms 140:8) C. The outward work of rebellion (thoughts of the wicked) 1. Are an abomination (Prov. 15:26) III. Fruit of the Spirit A. Evidence of an inward work outward (work of the Spirit) 1. Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Gal. 5:22,23) B. Evidence of an outward sign of inward work (will of God) 1. All things are become new (II Cor. 5:17) 2. For all men to be saved (I TIm. 2:4) 3. Leadeth thee to repentance (Rom. 2:4) C. The work of the Holy Spirit (purpose of God) 1.To convict of sin, righteousness and judgement (John.16:8) 2. To lead into all truth (John 16:13) 3. To glorify the Lord Jesus Christ (John 16:14) IV. Fruit unto death (when one is lost) 1. Wages of sin (Rom. 6:23) 2. For all have sinned (Rom. 3:23) 3. One man caused it (Rom. 5:12) 4. But now we are delivered (Rom. 7:6)
I. Shown A. Love is to be shown in every aspect of the christian life. 1. Shown in our walk (Eph. 5:1) 2. Shown in our actions (I John 3:18) 3. Shown in our talk (Rom. 14:19) 4. Shown in our attitude (I Cor. 13:1-10) 5. Shown in our Lord (john 3:16, Gal.2:20) II. Gives A. Giving is a requirement if true love is shown 1. Time (Psalms 5:1-3) 2. Attention" " 3. Members (Rom. 6:6-17, 7:15-25) a. hands (Psalms 24:4) b. feet (Rom. 10:15) c. eyes (Psalms 101:1-4) d. tongue (James 3:5-10) 4. Hearts (Prov. 23:26) 5. Bodies (Rom. 12:1) III. Applied and practiced A. In order for effectiveness in the christian life 1. Christ our Lord (Rom. 5:8) 2. In suffering (Heb. 5:8, II. Tim. 3:12, Rom. 5:3-5) 3. Compassion for the lost (Matt. 9:36-38) 4. despite of how one has been treated Matt. 5:43-48) 5. Because love covers a multitude of sins (I Peter 4:8) There's three different types of love. Eros, sexual type of love; philla brotherly love; and agape, which is unconditional love; God's
I. In application of scripture to others (I Cor. 9:14) A. In personal life first 1. The christian life is a daily life. It's not once a week or twice a year. 2. Others will take note of your life to ensure it's authenticity. Man is looking for little Christ's and not just mere talk or hypocrites. (II. Cor. 3:2,3) II. A. Our attitude as Christians should (Phil. 4:11) be different from that of the lost. If our response to situations which we may not be able to control, show as that of the lost, we have no real testimony of Christ to them. 1. Be content in whatsoever state (Phil 4:11) 2. Be steadfast and unmovable (ICor. 15:58) III. In our actions of sincerity toward others (I Cor. 9:22,23) A. People know, when genuine sincerity is shown to them by a christian. 1. Esteem others (Phil. 2:3) 2. Prefer others (Rom. 12:10) IV. In our approach of soul winning to others (Prov. 11:30) A. We cannot save anyone, what we need to do is let God do His work of conviction on their hearts. And not to try and be the Holy Spirit. 1. Be wise "win souls" (Prov. 11:30) 2. Preach the gospel (Matt. 28:19,20)
1. "Is there any word from the Lord?" There is (Jerm. 37:17) 2. Where is the word of the Lord? (Jem.17:15) a. It should be in our hearts. (Psalms 119:11) b. It should be in our remembrance. (Psalms 119:1) c. It should be in our talk. (Psalms 119:27)d. It should show in our attitude. (1119:101) e. It is settled in heaven. (Psalms 119:89) 3. "Hear thou the word of the Lord". (Amos 7:16) Christian, do you hear the word of the Lord? Or is your heart harden? Are you concerned about lost souls perishing, going to a devils hell? Are you a back-slidder? A lot of questions aren't they? Are we spiritual enough to question God? If your fellowship is broken? Please get it restored. (I John 1:9) Individuals who don't have a relationship with God. Will you hear the word of the Lord? If the Holy Spirit is convicting your heart of sin will you commit your life to him? You may say not now, when if not now? Where if not here? What can save you but the gospel of God? Who can help you but Christians in fellowship with God? Why not do it, get right with God today? He Loves you so much. (II Cor. 6:2)
1. It shows whats truly in our heart. 2. Whatever we concentrate our thinking time to, that's what we are. 3. What we devote our time to that's what we become. 4. The way we conduct ourselves in and out of the presence of others determines our reputation. 5. The way we conduct ourselves alone in the presence of God determines our character. 6. The mind dictates to the heart whatever it consumes. 7. What's sown in the mind, is planted in the heart and reaped in life, action. 8. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. (Prov. 23:7) 9. Whatever is in the recesses of our heart, will show in the process of time. 10. What ever the mind conceives, the heart receives and the feet proceeds to perform the act. 11. Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life. (Prov. 4:23)
1. We have three enemies a. The devil b. The flesh c. The world system (I John 3:8,Rom.8:8, I John 2:15) 2. There are three traps a. The lust of the flesh b. the lust of the eyes c. the pride of life. (I John 2:15,16) There are three helpers a. God the father who gave (John 3;16,Gal 2:20) b. God the son who gave his life on the cross He died, was buried and rose again I Cor. 15:3,4) c. God the Holy Spirit who secures us, teaches us an comforts us. He also shows us things to come. Eph. 1:13 John:14:15-18) 4. There are three ways to escape a. Prayer is necessary for power (I Thes. 5:17) b. Bible reading is necessary for nourishment (II Tim. 2:15) Obedience is necessary for protection (I Sam. 15:22) There will be three results a. A stronger faith and fellowship with God (Heb. 11:6) b. A stronger spiritual life to live right Gal. 6:16) c. A stronger resistance to stand (Eph. 6:14)
1. The Word of God a. Heb. 4:12, b. Isaish 40:8, Psalms 119:89 2. The Lord Jesus Christ a. Heb. 13:8 b. James 1:17 3. The sin nature of man a. Rom. 3:23 b. 3:10 c. 3:11 4. The penalty for sin a. Rom. 6:23 b. Gal. 6:7,8 5. The love of God a. John 3:16 b. Rom. 5:8 c. I John 4:9 6. Hell and the lake of fire a. Luke 16:23 b. Duet. 32:22 c. Rev. 20:14,15 &. The hearts of most people. Who are blinded by the things of this world. Mankind apart from God's intervention cannot change. a. Acts 26:20 b. Jem. 3:22 c. Malachi 3:7
Matt. 5:45 (Just and unjust) 1. The just shall live by faith in God. (Rom. 1:17) 2. The unjust shall live by faith in the system. (John 15:19) 3. The just suffers more because of God's righteousness. (IITim. 3:12, Ps.14:5) 4. The unjust suffers because of their unrighteousness (I John 5:17) 5. The way of the just(Isa.26:7) 6. The way of the unjust (Ps. 12:8, Prov. 4:19, Job 8:22) 7. The just are to be an example for the unjust, even as Christ suffered; the just for the unjust, that He might bring us back to God. (Phil. 2:5-8, I Peter 3:18) 8. The unjust persecutes the just because of the different type of good life, giving by God.(Ps. 37:12,32, 11:2 Prov. 29:27 Christians suffering should not be taken personally. It's still about The Lord Jesus Christ and God. We are only instruments for God to show through our lives Himself. (I Peter 2:21) He learned obedience by the things in which He suffered. (Heb. 5:8) Because difference requires change, most of us hate change. Seeing we are creatures of habit, we despise change. Whether it's for our good, or to help us perform better we become very defiant. Most who claim to be Christian, assume because we appear harmless and nice, seem to think this world system is suppose to embrace us. Someone, totally misunderstood the Christian life. So, for the most part we claim to be followers of God when it's conveinent. And worldly, when it's necessary. How sad! The bottom line is this; whether one is saved or lost, it rains on us all.
Isa. 7:15, Joshua 24:15,Duet. 11:26-28 30:15,19 There are positives and negatives in everything we as human beings encounter throughout our life. 1. There is right and wrong. Today this is hard to distinguish, due to the philosophy of this world. Also known as the worlds "system". 2. There is choosing and not to choose. The ground is never neutral. Only yea and nay, which is yes and no. Our societies today operate on the premise, of maybe or plead the fifth. The days when it was easy to distinguish between the difference between male and female. Sorry, it's not like this anymore. 3. There is a heaven and a hell. More was said about hell by the Lord than He ever spoke regarding heaven. It's a shame for we who claim everything new apart from the biblical context. There's this Azuza Pentecost. this supposedly took place in the 1900's. Listen friend, the terminology of Pentecost means 50 days after the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. It only happened once. We as human beings are always trying to do something new. What has changed? Why is our world in such a bad way. 4. There's truth and falsehood. Whatever is not fact is fiction. If it's not real, it's a sham. It can only be genuine or artificial. There's only one truth, Jesus is that truth. John 14:6 5. There's balance and off balance. There are to many professing Christians off balance. They waver to and fro in their everyday life. It's more conveinent for them to follow a man, than it is to follow the master. Easily swayed, only taught to think positive and not taught how to perform their thoughts. 6. There's the saved and the lost. Not the really saved, and the really lost. It's easy for us to categorize people. We treat the lost unlovable. Then on the other hand we treat our fellow believer better. We judge our fellow man base on their participation in the church or in the deeds they perform. 7. There's joy and sorrow. Ps. 30:5 Everyone of us must die. This doesn't negate the fact of sorrow in this process. We can't stay in this sorrowful situation. We have sorrow for everything in our lives, with the exception of sins. We cause ourselves to be in a place of joyless life. 8. There's condemnation to the lost for sin, and consequences for Christians who sin. We love to shy away from the truth. We who claim to be children of God, are afraid of reality. When we speak reality, people are offended. The reason is, this idea does not discriminate. We claim to be good Christians, but we refuse to pay our bills. The unsaved wife or husband, need to be an example to our lost partner. We really don't see sin as God sees sin. Our mention of sin, in the arena of sinners is ignored and our attitude toward the saints is different as well. Gal. 5:7:8
Saying no to God, and yes to this world system, the flesh which basically is our mind set and the devil; which is refusing God and the things and will of God. Places one in a very vicarious situation. No man in his right mind wants to suffer physically, financially or even spiritually. But suffering is the main ingredient to the much needed to remind us of where we were, and how we arrived where we are. Jeremiah.42:14 1. Where we shall "see no war" Ephes. 6:10-12,II Cor.10:3, James 4:1 a.With our flesh Rom. 7:14-25,Rom 6:6 b. With the world I John 2:15-17 c.With the devil I Peter 5:8,9, James4:7 2. Where we would "hear no trumpets" Exodus 19:16 Isa.27:13 a. Word of the Lord Jere. 37:17, 17:15, Amos 7:16 b. Voice of the Lord Jere.42:13, Gen 3:8 c. Way of the Lord Jere 6:16, Isa.30:21, Isa.35:8 3. Where we have no hunger Duet. 8:3, 28:48, John 6:35 Body Matt. 6:33, I Tim.6:8 b.Financially Phil. 4:17-19 c. Spiritually John 6:35, Matt.5:16, Rom.10:12. The consequences are severe if we who claim to be the church of the living God conduct ourselves as the children of Judah. They sought Egypt's pleasure of sin, today we would refer to Egypt as the "world system" lust and lasciviousness. These consequences in v.16 1. The sword which ye are afraid shall overtake you. Heb.4:12 2. There shall be famine where you are afraid. Jere.14:12 3.There ye shall die. Rom. 8:6 v.20 For ye dissembled in your hearts. The reason we have so many problems in this world as those who profess Christianity, is because for the most part; we are ignorant to what Christianity really is. Back when they were first called christian, you could literally be put to death. It was never God's intent to label his Children. This was done in a derogatory manner. Somehow we missed it. Today if one claims to be a christian, it's only a front. To have a good reputation with our fellow human beings. Misplaced ideas, lost in the physical, material and psycologic. The soul must be born again, the heart must be changed and the mind renewed. Rom.12:1,2 We who are truly born again must learn to flee, follow and fight. II Tim.2:22, I Tim. 6:12
1. Another Jesus(II Cor.11:4, Isa.14:14) (Allon) same kind"earthly ministry only". 2. Another Spirit (hetero) different kind, this spirit was not holy by any means(I John 4:1) 3.Another Gospel (hetero) different but familiar in it's sound. Something which seemed to have been heard before. (Gal.2:21, 1:6-9) 4. False apostles, false teachers, false Christ's false brethren (Rev. 2:2, Gal.2:4, II Cor. 11:13-15) 5. Deceitful workers in doctrine, moral soundness and in misleading words and speech. (II John 10,Jude 15,16,19 6. Transforming themselves (II Cor. 11:14,15) change of outward appearance, outward behavior and outward approach. Jude 4,16,18,19 When our Lord was taking to the wilderness to be tempted of the devil, this test had three phases to it; 1. the lust of the eyes, the lust of the world, and the pride of life. (I John 2:15) Most of us nice wonderful "christian charismatic" have missed this, with our prosperity preaching and our kingdoms we've established here. We just couldn't wait to rule and reign with the Lord Jesus Christ. How sad. We settled for the devil lies in all three areas. we fail the lust of the flesh test. The lust of the eye test. and the pride of life test. We try and justify it by claiming to have inherited the rewards of the Jews. Not so fast gentiles. This world is and was created by God. He rewarded it to the Jews, not the gentiles we are grafted in. We have really messed up the whole teaching of the Old Testament. How sad. But God is going to correct the mess we created. We focus our attention only on the here and now. Remember professing christian, if anything is done in the flesh it will be "burned". Nothing will remain from any carnal attitude or human ideas. A christian, one who is geniuine should be hated the same as our Lord was hated. Not making attempts to befriend this world's way of operating. There are cheap copies to all that God has done. Moses had them in his day. We have them in ours. Isa. 14:14, Matt.25:41 Satan can't over step the boundaries God has set in place. Job:1:12,2:6
| Return Home | FAQ Page | What' New | Download Page | Message Instructions | What's Happening | Auto-Bio R.A.Hicks |